Alignment with SDGs: Translating Anti-Corruption Reforms into Tangible Changes
Transparency International Bangladesh (TIB) is working to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with a focus on Goal 16: "Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels".
Emphasis on Social Accountability for Good Governance
TIB's work will emphasise the following specific targets of Goal 16:
- 16.3: Promote the rule of law and ensure equal access to justice for all
- 16.4: Significantly reduce illicit financial flows, strengthen the recovery and return of stolen assets
- 16.5: Substantially reduce corruption and bribery in all their forms
- 16.6: Develop effective, accountable, and transparent institutions at all levels
- 16.7: Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory, and representative decision-making at all levels
- 16.10: Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms
Strategic Priorities for SDG Alignment
TIB will align its strategic priorities with SDGs in the following areas:
- Research and Policy Advocacy
- Civic Engagement with a focus on young generation participation
- Outreach and Communication for Multi-stakeholder Partnerships
With the objective of inclusive and participatory accountability, TIB's work will contribute to the following development outcomes and support reforms that impact people's lives:
- Improved public services related to the achievement of SDGs in targeted areas
- Strengthened enforcement of anti-corruption laws and systems
- Strengthened integrity practice in the public and private sectors
Leaving No One Behind
TIB's work is guided by the principle of "Leaving No One Behind" (LNOB), ensuring that its efforts contribute to the inclusion and empowerment of all segments of society. TIB is working to create a more peaceful, just, and sustainable world for all by focusing on anti-corruption reforms and their impact on people's lives.
TIB is committed to leveraging its expertise and knowledge to support the achievement of SDGs in Bangladesh, focusing on Goal 16. Through research, policy advocacy, civic engagement, and outreach and communication, TIB strives to bring about tangible changes on the ground and contribute to a more equitable and inclusive future for all.